Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wacky Inventions.

I think it could be fun to start posting some of the crazier inventions I come across and hear about. 
Here's the first I heard on the news the other morning: The Dog-O-Matic.
It was invented by Frenchman Romain Jerry and has gained popularity enough in his hometown that he is looking to expand to Britain. 
When you look it up, there's a ton of debate about the process and a lot of concern about the ethics. Some say it's a dog's worst nightmare and you'll even read a line or two comparing it to water-boarding for dogs. 
I can't help but wonder what the insight was that ignited this idea. I guess he'd heard one too many persons talking about the amount of time, expense and inconvenience of washing their dog(s). There's obvious, sincere concern about the safety which would no doubt be a barrier when entering a market like the US where pets, especially dogs, get treated like another member of the family. 
I have no idea... but from what little bit of digging I've done, it seems to have been set up with the safety of the dog in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment