Thursday, May 20, 2010

Copy Power

Hi there-

There are two ads I love right now.
The first as is - a billboard for Heineken that read: Sometimes Saturday is better on a Tuesday. It does a great job of selling the category. Not sure why it is unique to Heineken specifically but at least it says something and gave the brand personality. It made me chuckle. It speaks to a laid back, care free person and helped me say, "I know the kind of person who believes that. I believe that. Heineken believes that. I identify."
The second is a Chrysler ad. It was found in a magazine. The copy is beautiful but it's long for a print ad and it's hard to read. I think you could literally cut out the copy, make it a viral video and use one single line for the print ads: "Let's make cars people want to make out in again." Love it. It's big, it's lofty, it's nostalgic, it's happy, it's a romantic, emotional notion and nod to the past.
I am going to try to take pictures of and scan in these ads to share with you. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment